Escalating Inequality group:
- meets at 7pm on the last Monday of every month in Fellowship Hall
- was formed to study the work of Thomas Piketty and was inspired by, and a response to, the UUA CSAI (Congregational Study/Action Issue) on Escalating Inequality
- purpose is to study, discuss, and act on issues impacting inequality.
- has participated in the local Fight for 15 or the Farmworkers Bill of Rights.
Participants of this group will have the opportunity to learn about escalating inequality, share ideas, and take actions of advocacy which can include visiting local lawmakers, emailing campaigns, GOTV efforts and working in tandem with local activists.
Michael Teasdale, member of the Conejo Valley Unitarian Universalist Fellowship, is the current leader of this group. Contact Michael at 805.405.1792 or Michael.firstname.lastname@example.org. Michael also co-chairs the Unitarian Universalists for a Just Economic Community.
Feeding Hands group:
- provides free dinner on the first Tuesday of each month to those in our community who are part of the free meal program sponsored by Lutheran Social Services
- members of the Conejo Valley Unitarian Universalist Fellowship cook & serve the dinner
Dinners are both prepared at Fellowship Hall and in members’ home kitchens. Dinners are served at Calvary Church, Westlake Village, CA.
Anne Ewell, member of the Conejo Valley Unitarian Universalist Fellowship, oversees the organization of the dinners.