Intergenerational Justice: Does Any Vision Matter More?
Rev. Connie Barlow, Rev. Michael Dowd
Services at 9:15am and 11am.
It’s not just immoral; it is evil to irreparably harm the future for short-term personal or institutional gain. Yet we have a global economic system supported by governments everywhere ensuring that it’s not only legal to condemn posterity, it’s highly profitable. What most people don’t realize, however, is that this is precisely what history teaches us. When religion fails, economics becomes demonic. What else to call a system that rewards the few at the expense of the many, measure progress by how fast we can turn the biosphere into pollution, and forces virtually all of us to betray the future just by pursuing the so-called ‘good life’. Only ‘ecology as theology’ can save us now.
- February 2017 Chalice Circle Readings 2017-03-01
- Escalating Inequality Conference, April 3-5 2017-03-01
- March 2017 Newsletter 2017-03-01
- February 2017 Newsletter 2017-01-31
- January 2017 Chalice Circle Readings 2017-01-24
Dharma with Timber Hawkeye
- Sunday Mar 26th, 12:30 pm - 1:30 pm
Newcomer AA Meeting
- Sunday Mar 26th, 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm
- Monday Mar 27th, 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Faithful to the Future: Inspiring Science, Evolving Faith, Realistic Hope
- Tuesday Mar 28th, 7:30 pm - 10:00 pm
Chalice Circle Facilitators
- Wednesday Mar 29th, 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- Wednesday Mar 29th, 7:30 pm - 9:30 pm
- Wednesday Mar 29th, 6:00 pm - 7:15 pm
Jim Scott Concert
- Friday Mar 31st, 8:00 pm - 10:30 pm
I’ve been a Fellowship member for 20 years. I joined to give our children a spiritual education, but now that they are fully launched with good UU values I am still a member for my own sake. I’m helping with the upcoming Stewardship Campaign, and I am going to tell you why I support this Fellowship with my time and treasure.
Read the full testimonial.